Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Swinging In Skorts!

Hi Beauties!

Throwback Thursday! Look at what fashion statement is back and stunting... skorts! They are trendier and more fashionable than ever, and by "ever," I mean they are not the same pair you wore in second grade. When they hit the stores earlier this past spring, I knew that I needed a pair! 



This pair is from Forever 21, I do not remember the price but I know that they were super affordable! Basic black skorts are sold almost everywhere but at different prices. My pair looked exactly like the one that was being sold at Zara at the time, but was fortunately less than half the price!

I wanted to test the skort's versatility and dress them down with a youthful touch since the first instinct is usually to jazz them up (coming soon). I am very happy with the results, it was easier than I had imagined to create a casual, head-turning, and fun look!



For the bulk of the outfit, I tucked my Cat in the Hat tank (Forever 21) into the skorts and accessorized with a pair of red TOMS and a cross-body (Michael Kors $50) to bring out the red in the tank. I kept it simple with the jewelry, adding just a pair of white studs and a silver watch.

I foresee skorts continuing as a trend even when we "fall" into fall, so don't forget to get a pair! Another two outfits with the skorts coming soon! :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment