Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Rainy Day Essentials!

Happy (Rainy) Wednesday!

If you live on the east coast, you know all about the recent downpour that occurred the past few days. I am sure you can agree with me when I say that I absolutely hate the rain! It was out of nowhere! I was shopping at TJ Maxx on a sunny Monday afternoon when all of a sudden I looked outside and saw Mother Nature's anger. 

Yesterday, on my drive home from Philadelphia, I was thinking about my rainy day essentials. I have found these items to be so useful for the rainy days and I wanted to share them with you! 

Bubble Umbrella: Umbrellas and I have a love/hate relationship. Most days they do their job, but some days, they are flipping, breaking, and fighting with me. Bubble umbrellas do not flip at the first sight of wind and do a better job at keeping you dry than the traditional umbrellas.

BEARPAW Peggy Rain Boots |HERE|: I love my Hunter boots, don't get me wrong. However, on a rainy yet warm summer day, I do not wish to squeak around in knee-high rain-boots. BEARPAW's rain boots are the ideal weight, height, and comfort! They are short enough so they do not overpower my legs, yet tall enough where I can splash around in puddles!
The best part is that they are only $59! Check out the different prints and colors. 

Long Socks: Many of us primarily wear ankle socks however, long socks are the best to ensure dry feet and ankles. Gross and damp feet far inside my boot is the worst feeling. If you are out and about, keep an extra pair in your bag to stay clean and fresh!

Body Mist: Rain smells (actually, it stanks!). When the wetness from the rain dries, clothes can start to smell like they visited the swamp. Keep a body mist around to freshen up and mask the rain's odor.

Money/Cash: Look past your credit card for a minute and realize that cash is essential to have on hand at all times, especially in the rain! You never know when you may need an umbrella or a closer parking spot in the city or on a trip (it happened to me, true life).

Water-proof Bag: If you are going to be leaving the house, take a bag that will keep your items dry and not be ruined from the rain. I usually take my Longchamp since it's large enough to carry all my belongings as well as keep them dry.

Baby Wipes: Same deal as the body mist, keep yourself fresh! You can use baby wipes for almost anything, from freshening up your body to wiping your wet and muddy shoes before getting into a car.

Setting Spray: Rain and moisture is a makeup girl's worst enemy! A setting spray will keep your makeup intact, shielding your look from a torrential downpour.

I hope this list helps you prepare for your next rainy day! What are your essentials? 




No comments:

Post a Comment