Pages

Friday, January 23, 2015

Do You Want To Build A Snowman?

Hi Lovlies!

Lately, against this winter wonderland scenery I have been craving bold prints and colors! Bundling up in winter coats can be no fun because it seems impossible to show off the trendy outfit you are wearing underneath...

And, let's be honest, whether you will admit it or not, I know 90% of you have had a "Damn, I can't believe I wasted that outfit" kind of moment! :)




When it comes to dressing for the wet winter weather, remember these 4 things:

1.) Always wear a coat. Do not be that fool that walks out in 30 degree weather without a coat just to look cute.
2.) Buy a jacket that compliments your size and your body type.
3.) Earrings and rings are usually the only jewelry pieces that can be seen with a coat, so go bold!
4.) Cute headpieces, scarves, legwarmers, mittens, and sunglasses are a great way to glam up any boring ole coat.




For this outfit, I used my clutch (from Asia) and my earrings (Kate Spade $38 HERE) as statement pieces. With a houndstooth printed coat (Sears ONLY $17!), black leather boots, and a dominantly black infinity scarf (Forever 21), I thought adding another black piece would be too bland! The blue complimented the black and white outfit very nicely while giving it the perfect ratio of fun to chic.



I have to admit, winter weather does suck but accessorizing can be so much fun! Hope you enjoyed! 



1 comment: