Pages

Friday, February 13, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Galentine's Day!

Just like my other fellow bloggers, I love dressing up and taking pictures of everything Valentine from the beginning of February.

Besides the fixed menus and outrageous restaurant bills at simple mediocre restaurants, I love everything about Valentine's day! I have seen this holiday change so much throughout the years (for the best), it used to be advertised as a day designated primarily for couples. Now, Valentine's day in my mind is a bit like Christmas, it is a day to spend with all of your loved ones, eat sweets, and share the love with everybody in your life. Don't you just love all the holidays?!

Another thing that comes a close second to my love for holidays, is my love for styling one piece in multiple ways. It saves you lots of money and helps channel your inner creativity.

In these two outfits, I wore the same dark pink body-con dress (Forever 21) but added different accessories to essentially create two different looks.

Outfit #1
This outfit is for my ladies that love comfort and hate heels. I took a much more relaxed/ rocker vibe with this one. With the dress as the main course (with tights, of course), I wore my new pair of booties from Sears ($25) and accessorized with a black/gold box clutch (Marshalls $25) as well as  a black infinity scarf (Forever 21). For jewelry, I wanted to match the clutch, so I slipped on my gold watch (Kate Spade) and a gold spike hinge cuff (Nordstrom).






Outfit #2
If you know me, you know that I have been in love with faux fur this season! I had to purchase this coat after my "love at first sight" moment with it. I hate when I have to put on a poofy jacket over a cute outfit, it can seriously be the greatest outfit buzzkill! Along with the coat, I slipped on a pair of black heels (Mandee's) and accessorized with a bronze envelope bag with gold studded detailing (Marshalls $20). I kept the same jewelry as outfit #1.







Love you all! Thanks for your support thus far :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment