Pages

Friday, October 24, 2014

Better Your Basics!

Hi Fashionistas!

I have been gravatating towards my leather a lot recently and also my basic solid tops. I found myself scrolling down Forever 21's website the other day, adding random things into my cart that were subcontiously 60% leather and 40% basic tees.

My first fall jacket that I busted out this year was actually my leather jacket, it adds edge and interest to my plain-jane outfits I wear to class, and is perfect for the fall temps. Going for that simple, casual, and affordable look does not mean you have to dress "basic", all the time. Adding accessories like a cute bag, a nice scarf, or fun shoes can take that basic combo to a whole other level.



My outfit started off really simple with my skinny jeans (PacSun), along with my basic heather grey long sleeved shirt (Forever 21 $6). To go from completely "I was running late this morning," to "I actually am trying over here," I wore my hair a different way than usual and tied a scarf around my neck. The scarf took care of the bulk of my accessories with its size, print, and color and allowed me to wear a little more arm candy.


I was going to just slip into my combat boots until I noticed these white crochet TOMS laying beside them. The canvas shoes added an extra dimension with the light color without becoming an eye sore. I finally completed the look with my brown leather jacket (Forever 21 $30) and a matching bag (Michael Kors) before running out the door.


If you are always rushing in the morning, keep fun accessories near the door that you can toss on to brighten up your outfit without wasting any time.
Hope you all enjoyed this post!


No comments:

Post a Comment