Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2016

DIY: Affordable Wall Art!

Hi Friends!

I'm obsessed with DIY projects. I may be too lazy to do them all but I love watching videos and pictorials on them. During the summer and winter breaks, I love the late night Netflix and DIY sessions. I have been into making canvases for the past year and my apartment bedroom is full of them! I literally have seven hanging up on the walls of my little room and two outside in the living area.

With temporary apartments it is so difficult to decorate when your lease/contract does not allow you to do certain things and to be honest, it's not completely worth the money for one or two years...definitely not on a college budget!

An easy way to spice up any room is by displaying wall art whether it is pictures, canvases, or random frames with prints. Prints from Etsy or Amazon can cost you anywhere from $7-$25, but why pay that when you can DIY them yourself in under 10 minutes and for only $2!



You will need:
Photo printing paper
Printer
Frames
Pinterest

How To:

1.) Go on Pinterest.com and find a print you love (quotes, pictures, patterns, anything)
2.) Save the picture onto your desktop
3.) Resize the image to fit your chosen frame. I resized all of mine to 8 in. X 11.5 in. You can even alter the sharpness, color, and tone of your image at this step.
4.) Print the image onto photo paper and pop it into your frame!

I bought certificate frames from A.C. Moore which I later found at the Dollar Store for only a $1. The simplicity of the certificate frames is nice because it allows the print to shine and stand out. The best thing about this particular DIY is that I can change the print at anytime. I am so indecisive and grow bored of decor very quickly so I can now theme my living area according to my mood, occasion, and any holiday!

Hope you recreate your own! Have a great day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment