Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

All About My Makeup Routine!

Hi Beauties!

I hope your holidays are going well! I have been hanging out and getting ready around many friends and family this holiday break. Common questions that I have been receiving and have received many times before are "What order do you put your makeup on?" "What highlighter do you use?" "Wait, what is that orange gunk that you're using under your eye?"

All of these are questions that I find myself asking other girls when they are applying their makeup, too. I was going to compile these questions in a "Beauty Chit Chat," but I thought it would be more informational if I dedicated it its own post! 

Disclaimer: I am by no means a makeup expert. I am a regular girl that loves and finds it therapeutic to experiment with new makeup and looks. I have a lot to learn and would love to hear your personal tips! 

What order?

My makeup order depends on whether I am going for a full-face look or a casual daytime look. My full face/night-out look requires more products in comparison to my casual daytime look.

Full Face Order: Moisturizer, primer, corrector, concealer, foundation, concealer again (to highlight), eyebrows, bronzer (to contour), blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, highlight, and lipstick

Casual Face Order: Moisturizer, corrector, foundation, eyebrows, eyeliner, mascara, blush, and lipstick

PS: If you are wondering what I mean by "corrector", please refer to my Beauty Chit Chat post from last month! |HERE|

What brands are you using? 

Primer: NYX
Corrector: Orange Shade NYX
Concealer: Maybelline 
Blush: City Color Cosmetics
Foundation: Kat Von D
Bronzer Contour: Anastasia Beverly Hills
Eyebrow Pomade: Anastasia Beverly Hills
Mascara: Maybelline
Gel Eyeliner: Maybelline 
Highlighter: The Balm Cosmetics

Makeup Tools:

I have realized over the years that your makeup is helpless without the right proper makeup tools. My favorite and most frequently used tool is the Beauty Blender. I literally use this sponge for everything, from blending out my concealer and foundation to applying my contour and blush. I have essentially stopped using face brushes completely! 
For the eyes, I use an angled eyeliner brush to apply my gel liner and to conquer the brows, I use an even thinner angled brush to apply my dipbrow pomade.

I hope you try out some of the products that I mentioned above. If you can only try one, you must try the Balm Cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer highlighter! Please tell me your makeup order and favorites in the comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment