Pages

Monday, November 16, 2015

Beauty Chit Chat: Correct, Don't Conceal!

#12

What is color correcting? How is it different than using a regular concealer?
Color correcting in makeup is using a colored concealer to cancel out odd pigmentation on your face. Regular concealer only layers to cover up the color pigmentation without correcting it. 

What is the best way to conceal dark circles?
Using a regular concealer underneath or over a foundation works for many people. However, to achieve the most "flawless" and even-tone face, I color correct (yes, this is different). Before I apply my foundation, I use NYX's orange color corrector underneath my eyes in an upside-down triangle. This cancels out the bluish purple tones from my dark circles and makes it look natural, you won't even need the extra concealer. 

There are so many different color correctors at the drugstore, which one do I need? 
Simple, think of the color wheel. The color of the corrector will cancel out the color across from it. For an example-- if you have a red pimple or hormonal redness, use a green corrector. If you have dark pimple scars use a orange corrector. 

I hope that these were helpful tips and that you give color correcting a chance!



No comments:

Post a Comment