Pages

Monday, November 16, 2015

Beauty Chit Chat: Correct, Don't Conceal!

#12

♥What is color correcting? How is it different than using a regular concealer?
Color correcting in makeup is using a colored concealer to cancel out odd pigmentation on your face. Regular concealer only layers to cover up the color pigmentation without correcting it. 

♥
What is the best way to conceal dark circles?
Using a regular concealer underneath or over a foundation works for many people. However, to achieve the most "flawless" and even-tone face, I color correct (yes, this is different). Before I apply my foundation, I use NYX's orange color corrector underneath my eyes in an upside-down triangle. This cancels out the bluish purple tones from my dark circles and makes it look natural, you won't even need the extra concealer. 

♥There are so many different color correctors at the drugstore, which one do I need? 
Simple, think of the color wheel. The color of the corrector will cancel out the color across from it. For an example-- if you have a red pimple or hormonal redness, use a green corrector. If you have dark pimple scars use a orange corrector. 

I hope that these were helpful tips and that you give color correcting a chance!



No comments:

Post a Comment