Pages

Monday, May 25, 2015

Beauty Chit Chat #1: Perfume Lingo!

Happy Memorial Day!

Say "hello" to a NEW blog post series called "Beauty Chit Chat"! The title of the series describes the content perfectly! Every week we will get together to discuss my trusty beauty life-savers, home remedies, tools, techniques, and quick tips on savings and savviness!

I started this blog with a purpose to share all my personal favorite tips and random beauty knowledge with the world. I believe this series will allow me to express myself and my initial purpose! 

This series will be random yet informational, in a question and answer format, so feel free to email me at thecollegecatwalk@gmail.com if there is anything that you want me to do a post on. Want to learn how to dress for your figure? Hit me up. Do you want to know whether or not shaving causes thicker hair? Let me know!



 What's the best way to choose a perfume? 
Salespeople are always using these weird words such as "woody", "citrus", or "oriental". Knowing these words will better help you find your signature scent quicker and more effectively!

Floral: based on sweet flower fragrances producing a very feminine smell
Oriental: is a deeper, muskier fragrance such as vanilla and exotic plants
Woody: deep, spicy, or burnt, with scents such as patchouli or even leather
Water: light and refreshing. May smell like air or a subtle sea breeze
Citrus: similar to oranges, lemons, limes, or can be combined with other fruits for a zing-like smell.

 How do I find the perfect perfume for myself?
Finding your scent can be a task and a half. Someone told me to always follow 3 golden rules:
1.) Always test them on your skin, not on a paper
2.) Walk around the store for 10 minutes to allow the scent to develop with your body chemistry
3.) Buy different scents because you will always be in different moods


I hope you found this post to be helpful! Tune in next week for Beauty Chit Chat #2! 


No comments:

Post a Comment