Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Plane Must-Haves!

Hello Smarties!

This upcoming week, I will be traveling finally to somewhere warm! Ahh...I can see myself right now, basking in the sunshine, feeling the subtle breeze, and hearing the sounds of the crashing waves. Paradise right?

But there is only one small problem...I hate flying. My reasoning is not because I get air or motion sickness like normal people, it is purely because I like to be a diva and hate when I am not comfortable. I have always been this way, it's true! When I was four, I spent the plane ride to California with only one sock on because I could not decide whether I was hot or cold. A few years ago, on my plane ride to India, I simply could not eat for the whole ride because the smell in the plane annoyed me.

Truth be told, I just want to drive everywhere. I hate the plane, the air vents that blast frigid cold air, the bathrooms, the seats, the blankets, the pillows, the food, the pointless magazines they provide, and to top that off, rude passengers.

However! Since it's not realistic to drive everywhere, I wanted to share my plane must-haves. Trust me, if these few items can calm a flyer like me, they are worth to keep in mind for your next trip!

























1. Extra Gum- A necessity to avoid clogged ear and freshen up your mouth!

2. Scope- If someone is picking you up at the airport, you don't want your stinky breath to scare them        
away and keep you stranded at the airport, now do you?

3. Dryer Sheet- Did you know that dryer sheets are great at removing static from your hair? It is a   lifesaver for your hair after it had been rubbing up on the plane seat.

4. Powder and Mascara- Together these are a dynamic duo. I do not usually wear makeup on a plane, but with a dab of powder and a swipe of mascara you immediately will look awake and fresh when you land.

5. Huggies - These are not only a great substitute for the .0001 ply toilet tissue in the bathroom but can be used as a makeup or wet wipe!

6. Hand Sanitizer- Imagine everything you touch from when you checked- in to when you landed...I do not even have to elaborate. If this is not your must have, make it one!

7. Tablet, Headphones, Magazines - Looking out the window can get real boring real fast, so to entertain myself I keep these in my bag to watch movies, listen to music, and read up on some girly stuff!

8. Glasses- Contacts can dry up. Keep a pair handy, most likely you will need them!

9. Scarf/Shawl- When those airplane vents are blasting cold air in your face, it's to cuddle up with a shawl.

10. Deodorant- On a long journey your deodorant is bound to wear off and foul odor is a definite no-go! For those of you who naturally smell like perfume, still keep one of these handy and help that person whose odor is traveling from the economy class all the way to the cock pit.

11. Lip balm & Moisturizer- You do not want cracked lips or a cracked face. With the temperature on the plane, my lips and face are always purged and desperately in need of some moisture.

12. Food- I hate plane food like I mentioned before, and the snacks that they sell are as much as my apartment rent so no thank you, I will bring my own, and so should you!

13- Comb or Brush- After a long nap, my hair looks like a poodle's fur. A comb through the hair goes a longggg way..

14. Travel pillow- I had overlooked the travel pillow for so many years! I could not understand how it possibly provided comfort. However, I tried it a few years ago and let me tell you, I am never going back to my old ways! It will always come with me.

15. Advil- On my trip back from India, I started to have the cramps and yes, THOSE cramps! I honestly wanted to sky-dive out of the place without a parachute, this saved my life! You never know when you will get a headache, or back aches. Keep a pack.

I hope this will come in handy for your next trip! What are your must-haves?



No comments:

Post a Comment