Pages

Monday, March 23, 2015

Happy 1st Blog Birthday!


It seems like just yesterday...







 

Hi Beauties! 

If you told me a year ago I would be celebrating one year of blogging, I would not have believed you!  When I started this blog, I never expected anyone to read it. I knew my mom and my sisters would but, I mean c'mon they would still hang my macaroni art on the fridge if I asked them to.

This past year has been amazing! Last night, I sat and scrolled through all my posts on the blog and Instagram and realized how fortunate I am and how far I have come. When I first came up with this crazy (so at the time) idea, I was clueless and a little worried! No other girl I knew had a blog, so would I be the weirdo? Would it be a waste of time? How would I start one anyway? What's a platform? Would anyone care? So many of these hindering thoughts were running through my head!

But finally, I just said screw it, I never liked dancing to the beat of another person's drum anyway! For a lack of better words of encouragement, I basically said to myself, "Punam, you do you!"

Once I was set, I was on fire! After I got accepted into my dream pharmacy school, I sat down, researched, studied bloggers, and read articles after articles on successful bloggers and blogs. Trust me, I knew from day one I would not be my idol bloggers and The College Catwalk was going to improve over time but, I was okay with that!

I am so happy I never gave up when I went a week without getting new followers. I am so happy I never took a month "break" when I started in pursue for demanding graduate degree. I am so happy for all the love and support I have received from you guys that encouraged me to keep going. I am so happy for the effort, hard work, tears, and sacrifices I had to invest in this because without it all, I would not be sitting here anticipating year 2!

This past year has been truly amazing. I have received so much positivity, love, and support from readers, followers, and other bloggers (now friends) that it has truly made me feel like I belong in this community. The oppurtunities that I have received from companies such as BEARPAW, Rocksbox, and Younique have all seriously been one big dream! I am so honored to work with these successful companies and looking forward to what the future holds for The College Catwalk.

Thank you again for everything and letting me share my journey and life with you all, it means the world to me! Cheers to a year and many more to come! :)







2 comments:

  1. Happy blog anniversary! You look so beautiful. Love your puffy skirt. Beautiful blog, dear.
    xoxo
    Liza
    www.lizacorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!! You are looking so beautiful and gorgeous in this pink and black dress. You know, my birthday is coming and my friends forced me to give party at some nice venue. So, I am looking for some decent venues for events. Can you please recommend me your venue?

    ReplyDelete