Pages

Friday, March 6, 2015

Conquering The Cold!

Happy Friday!

I have always been one to believe that colors can change a person's mood and attitude completely, no matter the circumstances. This is simply the reason why we correspond certain colors to particular occasions, time of day, and seasons.

On a cold northeast winter day, nothing bums me out more than seeing a foot of snow outside my window and the temperature reading "9 degrees". Though the roads may be harsh and the air is frigid, life still goes on...and by "life", I mean "classes".


Walking out is such a struggle for me when the temperatures are low. I start to squirm and whine about the cold before even walking outside. I know, I'm such a baby! On these types of days, I like to dress in warm neutral earth tones to help me conquer my childish worries.




Here is an outfit that I wore under my massive peacoat on a recent snow day. I paired my green sweater (American Eagle $24) with my favorite yet oldest pair of jeans (Pacsun). To accessorize the outfit, I stayed true to the earth toned theme and added a tan infinity scarf along with my burgundy/brown boots. With my hair in a ponytail, I felt exceptionally bare without my jewelry, so to please my mind, I wore my favorite gold metals and a pearl/stoned necklace.





If you fear the cold like I do, wear colors that make you feel cozy and warm! 


No comments:

Post a Comment