Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2015

D.I.Y. Brown Sugar Face Scrub!

Suga Suga how you get so fly?

No but seriously...

Hello Beautifuls!

I am sure that your skin is perfect and flawless but now and then everyone's face needs a little deep clean. I do not know what's been up with my skin, but it has been breaking out like crazy...and the yucky Philly water has not been helping the case!

Don't get me wrong I love my daily cleansers, but I wanted something that would visibly clean my skin before my eyes without using an abrasive scrub.

My mother dearest always told me the beauty benefits of honey, so I started to do some research using the keyword "honey". After reading through various articles and recipes, I went into my kitchen and concocted a simple scrub that changed my life!



A quick jist on why I chose each ingredient & the measurements:

Honey (2 tbsp): moisturizes, hydrates, and draws dirt out of your pores.
Brown Sugar (3-4 tbsp): exfoliates but is not harsh enough to tear your skin like salts and oatmeals
Lemon (1.5 tbsp): a brightening agent, breaks down dirt, and combines the other ingredients perfectly

All you have to do is combine the ingredients. Control the measurements of ingredients as you wish, but just be aware, too much lemon juice will compromise the face scrub consistency! Good luck!





No comments:

Post a Comment