Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

DIY: Makeup Brush Holder

Hi Beauties!

If you are anything like me, a month before moving into your new dorm or apartment, you will be constantly thinking about your new room and how you will decorate it. You will want it to be your "home away from home" but knowing that you will probably live there for only a few years, you will not want to spend a lot of money. The best way to minimize costs is to do-it-yourself (DIY)!

For this DIY, I will show you how to make a makeup brush holder that will compliment any room with it's simplicity and elegance. "Elegance" sounds like a very expensive word, I know. But would it make you feel better if I told you that one makeup brush holder only costs $3?! Affordable companies like "ELF" will charge you $6 for a boring black cup holder. With this DIY not only will you get something that looks 100 times better, but for half the cost!



Materials: (All from the Dollar Store)

- Glass/Acrylic Vases 
- Candlestick holder 
- Glue gun 
- 1 Bag of Marbles


Instructions:

1. Apply glue around the top edge of the candlestick holder and attach vase. 


2. Fill the vase with a bag of marbles, I used an assorted marble bag. 


3. Load your makeup brushes by pushing them into the marbles to help them stand.


And we're done! I made two, one for my face brushes and another for my eye brushes. Instead of marbles, you can also use coffee beans as your filler! Not only will coffee beans help your brushes stand up but will also release an aroma of fresh brewed coffee. If you want to spice up your vases, you can add some ribbon or stickers! 


 I hope you enjoyed this DIY. Let me know if you recreate these and what you use as a filler. 




No comments:

Post a Comment