Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Winter Holidays in Philly!

Hi Everyone!

Happy 2017!

I am currently at  home away from school for winter break but I had the opportunity to spend a few days in Philadelphia to partake in the city's holiday festivities over the past few weeks! Like many cites, Philadelphia during the holidays is beautiful! The true nature of Philadelphia's "brotherly love" shines even brighter during the holidays. During the semester, even though I have been living in Philly for the past 3 years, I rarely get the chance to experience the holiday festivities to the fullest so this year I made it a priority!

The numerous events, fairs, and festivals occurring at this time of the year is absolutely great and I wanted to experience them all before school starts back up next week. The week before Christmas, my friends and I went to Dilworth Park's Christmas Village which surrounds Philadelphia's City Hall. It truly reminded me of what the holidays are all about and I genuinely felt the love and spirit.























The best part of these events are witnessing the non-Philadelphia residents travel up with their loved ones to enjoy the music, ice-skating, and local pop-up shops (...and I know it is weird but get excited when people ask me for directions for some reason)! Christmas Village had a little something for everyone including delicious hot chocolate, of course!

This very past weekend, I was in the city once again to ring in the new year with some of my dearest friends. During the day we frolicked through the city, induced a few food comas and went to Waterfront Winterfest at Penn's Landing! This area is incredibly beautiful, day and night! Winterfest is everything that you would expect from the name! It has a cabin vibe with faux cabins, fire-pits, marshmallow roasting, iceskating, and an area that serves food and hot beverages all day! Winterfest is open till March, so definitely check it out if you have not yet done so!




I hope you all get the opportunity to experience the great holiday festivities that are in your town/city!  If you are near Philadelphia, definitely check out Christmas Village, Winterfest, and Franklin Square at this time of the year!





No comments:

Post a Comment